Where is Sam Damon?


A blog dedicated to debate and commentary on national security, foreign affairs, veterans' issues, and a whole host of other topics. If you are not familiar with who Sam Damon is, click here. Feel free to post comments or contact Onager via e-mail at whereissamdamon@gmail.com.


Monday, March 8, 2010

Odierno: I did great, mission accomplished, and all that jazz...make me Army Chief of Staff!!!


"Also, did I mention that, unlike GEN Casey, I think DADT should be repealed. Did I mention that?," Odierno said.
BLUF: Ray wants is to be named Army Chief of Staff after he leaves Iraq...

Watch CBS News Videos Online

Specializing in ad hominem attacks on GEN Odierno since 2008, this masthead maintains that flag officers who royally screw up once while in combat command shouldn't be give a second chance. GEN Odierno's career should have ended after his command of 4th Infantry Division. Instead, he will most likely be named Army Vice Chief or CSA.

Let me be clear: I'm really happy Iraq is shakily moving forward. My problem is that GEN Odierno should have been forced into retirement already. My fellow Georgetown Army ROTC alumnus, current Army CSA GEN George Casey, should have been relieved of command in Iraq after his first screw-up. I care about leadership failures because lives are at stake. Generals should be ready to command and produce immediately - without learning on the job and spilling the blood of our nation's best.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of Odierno posts:

Nomination of LTG Odierno as MNF-I Commander (June 3, 2008)


Is Odierno ready? (September 16, 2008)


Odierno takes charge (September 16, 2008)


Odierno delivers… already! (September 16, 2008)


Everybody Loves Raymond (September 17, 2008)


For U.S. and Sunni Allies, a Turning Point (September 30, 2008)


Odierno believes troops will be out of Iraq by 2011 (April 13, 2009)


Why We Should Get Rid of West Point (April 20, 2009)



Odierno speaks in a full sentence… (February 26, 2010)

No comments: