Where is Sam Damon?


A blog dedicated to debate and commentary on national security, foreign affairs, veterans' issues, and a whole host of other topics. If you are not familiar with who Sam Damon is, click here. Feel free to post comments or contact Onager via e-mail at whereissamdamon@gmail.com.


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Army wants to save pieces of Future Combat Systems

Secretary Gates' (pbuh) laying the smack down on GEN Casey face

My question is, if the Army wants to save pieces of the FCS, why can't the Army just use their budget money to buy the patents to said technology? Then they could do whatever they want with the technology. Too bad not many lawyers read this blog to chime in...

Also, showing that his screw-ups were not limited to his time as MNF-I commander, here is an excerpt quoting GEN Casey saying that, "Boy I thought I could convince my boss to buy a Bugatti Veyron, even though he only wanted a Ford Fusion."
“I ultimately could not convince him that we had taken enough of the lessons that we learned from the current fight and incorporate them into that vehicle program,” said Gen. George Casey, the Army’s chief of staff, who was unusually frank about the service’s disagreement with Gates. “I thought we had, but he thought we hadn’t,” and so Gates proposed cutting $87 billion that was to fund a new generation of light armored vehicles.

No comments: